Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Times
GMT

CET

EST

CST

MST

PST
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Special Achievements
June 2009
Calendar Contest winner: Bebisita
June 2009
1st 7Dragons Baby
Top posters
Linwe (365)
Hellloooouuu Vote_lcapHellloooouuu Voting_barHellloooouuu Vote_rcap 
Mythica (290)
SoonLight (236)
IceWolf (140)
Bebisita (90)
Bebisito (88)
Leona (76)
IceeBlue (64)
NornBear (51)
Natsuki (41)

Latest topics
» Jungle Ruin Maps
Hellloooouuu EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 pm by IceWolf

» Public Quest - Chapter 1 Rotflesh Trench
Hellloooouuu EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:37 pm by Leona

» Tournaments are back!!!
Hellloooouuu EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 pm by IceWolf

» Bye bye for Now Folks, Going on a TW adventure
Hellloooouuu EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:12 am by Mythica

» Thymne here
Hellloooouuu EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:06 am by Sicarus

Hellloooouuu

5 posters

Go down

Hellloooouuu Empty Hellloooouuu

Post  Shogo Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:47 am

The time has come for a longer version of my introduction...

Hi, I like to play perfect world. The game gives me a great escape from reality. I have played many mmorpgs prior to this one and I would consider myself an experienced gamer in general. I have alot of quirks and a generally sketchy behaviour, I can also be sort of borderline (psychologically) whenever something great/horrible happens.

I try not to gamble or ever take chances because I am an extreme control-freak. Unfortunatly some very core aspects of this game are rooted in pure luck/gambling (for example the genies lucky points, mold drop rates etc). I have, however, found myself taking many chances with refining items and it ususally ends up as a failure. The general rule seems to be to always use dragon orbs when trying to refine items. It is still possible that it can be mathematically worth the chance to use a tienkang stone for the +2 refine on low level items. But most of the time you dont get +2 on a lower level item anyway.

I try to push myself to farm for hours on end sometimes and its very reminiscent of my days in other older mmorpg where I would conjure up the FIRE, the gusto, the "je ne sais quoi" in my belly. Gather the drive to push myself through psychologically harsh durability tests where I farm on the same spot for 6+ hours in a row.

I am also an avid trader. Having found out that one of the best ways to make coins in this game is to have alot of coins available on hand for times when you see great special deals popping up. The major skill ofcourse consisting of the knowledge of an items actual worth, it can be very hard to assess an items worth at times though. This skill is particularly tricky as items actual worth goes up and down like a rollercoaster sometimes. I have propably traded about 50 oracle 2 scrolls in my time so far, for example, and I view it like a stock market. At the moment when I post this, the items actual worth is around 165k, it used to be 300k. The best way to acquire absurdly good deals is to, as I call it: "auctionhouse watch", where you browse the latest pages of items being sold for underpriced wares to resell (synonym: flip, turn) at higher prices, a practice that becomes harder and harder as more and more people grow aware of the items actual value in the game.

I am a lone-wolf type of person, I totally enjoy playing alone because of my general lack of compassion for my fellow man, and my insatiable greed. This greed prevents me to almost ever be glad for someone else who "wins" an item by the random loot distribution and instead I am extremely annoyed by it (remember what I said about luck aspects of the game). I would usually rather let the item rot in hell than seeing someone else win it, unless I actually care about the person who gets the item. The number of people I care about are extremely limited however.

I do, however, keep very strict rules on what I do and what I don't do regarding my aforementioned greed: I will not steal, well, not from other peoples kills anyway, and I will never ninja loot an item. I always opt for the clearest and fairest rules regarding lootdrops, as I am aware of the greed at the very core of the human soul, which will not take backseat to compassion (might be evolutionary). To clarify: without proper rules the people will tear eachother asunder in a demonic fashion.

In my real life I am generally depressed and have been for as long as I can remember at the time. I work at a gruesome and improper job, leaving little room for personal growth or my integrity. I hope to somehow change my life for the better in this regard and other regards at a future point. I am an extremely skilled procrastinator though, I think I may have maxed out my procrastination skill already. The saving grace is that I get a pretty good paycheck and I can get away with only working circa 18 hours per week to pay my expenses. I can play games, watch movies and masturbate for the rest of the time. No, I don't have a girlfriend, infact I don't think I have any friends at the moment, obviously a tragic inevitability as I grow more and more bold at expressing my depression and dark sides to all those around me. I feel, at times, as if I am toxic to my environment, psychologically dangerous, as being in the presence of me will alter your mood for the worse. While this may sound gloomy extraordinaire, atleast I can revel in the fact that I indeed possess the ability to sneakishly alter the mood of others. I am sometimes happy though, or atleast content... Ha Ha Ha Ha. uuhhmmm hahahahahehehe!! MOUAHAHAHAH!!! Twisted Evil no wait, I don't have any reason for laughing.

Last edited by Shogo on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shogo

Characters
Main:
Alt 1:
Alt 2:

Back to top Go down

Hellloooouuu Empty Re: Hellloooouuu

Post  Mythica Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:02 am

mmm impressive... Suspect Hellloooouuu 162946 Welcome in family lol
Mythica
Mythica
Admin

Characters
Main: Mythica
Alt 1: Sehiat
Alt 2: oOGeorginaOo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebisito Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 pm

I, too, like to play Perfect World.
Haha, welcome! :]
Bebisito
Bebisito

Characters
Main: Bebisito
Alt 1:
Alt 2:

Back to top Go down

Post  Linwe Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Hello and welcome to the family Shogo. Grats on your Black Helmsley Overcoat Cool . Clothes just has a way of making someone feel more... ummmm what's the word I'm looking for....complete, secure, warm Laughing .

Anyway glad to have you in the family Smile Very Happy Cool
Linwe
Linwe
Admin

Characters
Main: Linwe
Alt 1: LinnieCakes
Alt 2:

Back to top Go down

Post  SoonLight Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Hiya Shogo. Love me some PW too :p I appreciate the informitive intro Laughing Welcome.
SoonLight
SoonLight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum